Sunday, September 20, 2009

Paying Tribute to Small Church Pastors ... Becomes a Prayer Opportunity

SUCCESS, WHAT IS IT?

OCTOBER 1980-JOURNAL ENTRY~Much reevaluation today. Marilyn and I talked for almost an hour after returning home from the all day LaHaye Seminar. I’ve had to realize a different standard of measuring success for our church. People are leaving again and again to other churches and ministries who have grown and gained from us. It’s still the Lord’s church and I must release it again and again to Him. Marilyn insists I must not count these years a failure, even thought attendance and offerings are down.


OCTOBER 2002-REFLECTION- I wish to pay tribute to leaders who serve smaller congregations. To those without paid staff, may I say you are exactly where our Lord was when He walked the face of the earth. He spent the last three years of is life with twelve men. Interruptions were His ministry. Likewise, alone time with the Father was high priority.


Many are asking the same question that plagued me twenty-two years ago. I am told that 80% of local congregations in the U.S. are made up of less than 125 people. (Written in 2002) Does size and offering mean success or failure? Not by our Lord’s standard of measure.


Success is not the key, faithfulness is.


The call to ministry has everything to do with who we are. To serve Christ is the greatest work in the entire world. How I thank the Lord for those who have answered that call! To you, near and far, may God give you the capacity to stand for truth in a world gone crazy! Marilyn once reminded me, “God is adequate regardless of my appearance, performance or status.” Find your passion and pursue it with full heart and mind!


“I’M ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED THAT NOTHING-NOTHING LIVING OR DEAD, ANGELIC OR DEMONIC, TODAY OR TOMORROW, HIGH OR LOW, THINKABLE OR UNTHINKABLE—ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN GET BETWEEN US AND GOD’S LOVE BECAUSE OF THE WAY JESUS OUR MASTER HAS EMBRACED US." Romans 8; The Message

SAYING YES TO GOD-bob and marilyn yawberg- Vol. X # 17 / ( Rewritten 9/16/09)



* Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above
* Coaching? Teaching? Preaching? on prayer ... Contact Phil@nppn.org
* More Help! > http://www.PrayerLeader.com
* More Help! > http://www.NPPNblog.blogspot.com

No comments: