Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Time to Go?

.
Dear Pastor,
How is your faith holding up?
Phil

* * *

Phil,
Thank you for asking.

There are those in the church who have questioned the depth of my walk with the Lord and have been willing to suggest that all of the things I have done in the past year and a half were/are my own personal agenda. Those who control the money are on the 'other side' and they're using that to make my life miserable.

As a result, my faith is being tried, tested, and stretched to the limit.

How does a pastor determine when it's time to cut his losses and move on?


* * *

Dear Pastor,
Tough times .. I've walked that path!

Certainly every situation is somewhat unique and the Lord's clear direction is always the most important factor in deciding to move.

I'm sure you have done this (probably 10 times a day) - Simply asking the Lord to give you an inner peace about what he wants you to do. I'm reminded of Robert Schuller's 4 possible answers to prayer:
  1. No - God is unwilling to give us what we ask for so once again ask him to download his desires into your heart
  2. Grow - He wants to use the experience to mature us so ask for help in learning while in the midst of the storm
  3. Slow - He will rescue but be persistent but patient
  4. Go! - The Son has set you free, indeed!
May God give you a confidence and a peace about where he has you!
Phil

* * *

Phil,
Thanks for the sound advice. If a confession is appropriate, I've asked for a solution more than I've asked for peace. In all likelihood I've gotten them backwards.

The truth is, it's so bothersome that at times it's difficult to pray, period. All the more reason to ask for His peace.

* * *

Dear Pastor,
The need for confession can be stirred by the Spirit ... or by the Enemy.

If you've confessed and are forgiven/restored, then further torment can only be from the dark side!

God's kindness lead to repentance. Satan can't counterfeit godly kindness as a motivator, at least not in my book.

Phil


* Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above
* Coaching? Teaching? Preaching? on prayer ... Contact Phil@nppn.org
* More Help! > http://www.PrayerLeader.com
* More Help! > http://www.NPPNblog.blogspot.com

No comments: