Thursday, January 29, 2009

Are You Praying for Your President?

Praying for the new president

By PASTOR GREG ASIMAKOUPOULOS
Mercer Island Reporter Columnist

Last week, I watched Pastor Rick Warren and Rev. Joseph Lowery bookend the Inauguration ceremonies in prayer. As I contemplated from my living room what it would be like to be given such a unique opportunity, I realized I already knew. Well, sort of.

Several years ago, my family lived in a Chicago suburb. A state senator friend invited me to give the invocation at the Illinois capitol in Springfield. I was humbled and honored. Although the scenario paled in significance to what Pastor Warren or Rev. Lowery experienced, I felt honored. At the podium, I called on the Creator to guide the senators and to give them a sensitivity to His will as they served their constituencies.

Three months later, I walked with my senator-friend in an old-fashioned 4th of July parade. At the conclusion of the parade, Peter said that he wanted to introduce me to one of his fellow senators. “Here’s someone with as unusual a name as yours,” Peter said to the tall, 40-something black man. “Barack Obama, meet Greg Asimakoupoulos.”===>Click headline to access complete article . .



* Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above
* Coaching? Teaching? Preaching? on prayer ... Contact Phil@nppn.org
* More Help! > http://www.PrayerLeader.com
* More Help! > http://www.NPPNblog.blogspot.com

1 comment:

chinese christian said...

Dear friends in christ:

I am very happy to be here,I am from china,I want to tell you something about our church .
I will show you the daily life of chinese christians and chinese churches,I want to make

friends with you .

welcome to the website of our church.[url]http://www.christianofchina.com[/url]

  
Thank you!