Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pray the Epaphras Prayer

.
Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. I vouch for him that he is working hard for you and for those at Laodicea and Hierapolis." Colossians 4:12-13


Lord Jesus, use this scriptural example to teach me how to pray for my own growth, the spiritual health of my family, as well as the followers of Christ in my ministry. By your Spirit, help me avoid status quo prayers that fixate on minor details or focus only on temporal solutions. Reveal to me how to pray as a servant of Christ Jesus. Strengthen me so that I am capable of wrestling (Greek: agonize) over eternal issues that impact others. And when I pray for them, may I entreat you on their ability to stand firm in the midst of their trial or trouble; may I petition you for their maturity under pressure; may I plead for their complete confidence in spite of stress or struggle. And, may I be known as one who works hard in prayer for those nearby and in other cities and nations.

Receive this prayer, Father, in the name of the One who prays continually for His Bride…Amen.


* Type keywords in the "Search This Blog" box above
* Coaching? Teaching? Preaching? on prayer ... Contact Phil@nppn.org
* •More Help! > http://www.PrayerLeader.com
•* More Help! > http://www.NPPNblog.blogspot.com

No comments: