Monday, April 02, 2007

A New Testament Example of a Praying Pastor

Paul’s Passionate Prayer Live

“Without persistence, prayers may go unanswered. Importunity is made up of the ability to hold on, to continue, to wait with relaxed and unrelaxable grasp, restless desire, and restful patience. Importunate prayer is not an incidental occurrence, but the main thing; not a performance, but a passion; not an option, but a necessity.”

The Apostle Paul is our great example of passionate prayer. I am so amazed that even though Paul was extremely busy, he prioritized the urgent call to passionate and persevering prayer for the churches. He never gave up but believed in the power of God to answer prayer even in the most difficult situations. Look at his example. He prayed continually, earnestly and unceasingly night and day for the churches. Paul did not give up.

  • “continuing instant in prayer” (Romans 12:12).

  • “Night and day we pray most earnestly” ( I Thessalonians 3:10).

  • “God… is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times” (Romans 1:9).

  • “Praying always for you” (Colossians 1:3).

  • “I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for you, I always pray with joy…” (Philippians 1:3-4).

  • “For this reason since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you” (Colossians 1:9).

  • “With this in mind, we constantly pray for you” (II Thessalonians 1:11).

  • “I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers” (Ephesians 1:16).

  • “I thank God… as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers” (II Timothy 1:3).

We encourage you to give yourself to prayer. We are doing this during the month of April in three cities here on the east coast of the U.S. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can arrest our attention and shut down our busyness so that we can hear His urgent call for corporate, fervent prayer. Nobody can touch our hearts with a burning vision and a determination to see God’s Kingdom come on earth unless it is born by the Holy Spirit. History belongs to the intercessors. We are asking that you gather together to pray and seek God’s face for your nation. The Bible says in II Chronicles 7:14, “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sins and will heal their land.”

My book Intercessors Arise II - Fulfilling Your Destiny is published. You can purchase it through www.xulonpress.com or through this toll free order number, 1-866-909-2665. Those outside the U.S. must use the U.S. country code as well. It may take a few days before it is on the Xulon Press website.

“If men would pray as they ought to pray, the marvels of the past would be more than reproduced. The Gospel would advance with a facility and power it has never known. Doors would be thrown open to the Gospel, and the Word of God would have a conquering force rarely if every known before.” E. M. Bounds

Together in the Harvest,

Debbie Przybylski

Intercessors Arise

deb@intercessorsarise.org



* Try these keywords in the Search This Blog box above:

Prayer, Praying, Personal, Retreat, Scripture, Resource, Rest, Ponder . . .
* Coaching? Teaching? Preaching? on prayer ... Contact Phil@nppn.org

•More Help! > http://www.PrayerLeader.com
•More Help! > http://www.NPPNblog.blogspot.com

No comments: