Wednesday, March 01, 2006

40 Day Countdown Begins; Ash Wednesday

THE OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION

1996- March 5-JOURNAL ENTRY

~(On vacation- Ana Maria Island) Finally, time to reflect and catch up! I sat on the beach this morning, reading Augustine in Prayer. Realized how long it has been since I could be still and concentrate enough for fresh ideas to take root!
“How numerous are the loves of the human soul-Men seek happiness in wealth, homes, pleasures of the body, knowledge or virtue or wisdom…” (I have lived long enough to know none of these satisfy for very long! None!)

“Love,” he writes, “but take care what you love. Loving and possessing God is what constitutes a happy life. A man is what his love makes him, it transforms the lover into the image of the object loved. That love needs a medium of expression, that need is supplied by prayer…the affectionate reaching out of the mind for God. Our desire for God is the only road that leads to happiness!”
------------------------------------------------------
2006-March 1-REFLECTION~

Prayer in my life has been like an underground river. At times surfacing in a geyser and other times silent and unseen, but always there bringing me ever more into His presence.

Prayer starts with God. Reading His Word in the Psalms, “Be still and know that I am God” or one of the prophets, “I saw the lord, high and lifted up…” or the Gospels, “This is My Son, My chosen One, listen to Him.” Effective prayer starts with listening to God whisper into my soul.

May He be the object of my love this Ash Wednesday. The next 40 days leading up to our celebration of Christ’s resurrection are a vital time to renew first love.

“Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list.” Matt. 22
------------------------------------------------------
PastorsInPrayer@Verizon.net Vol. VII # 5- bob and marilyn Yawberg


•More Help! > http://www.PrayerLeader.com
•More Help! > http://www.NPPNblog.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»