Thursday, August 04, 2005

Things Pastors Sometimes Say that may not be completely true...

Things Pastors Sometimes Say that may not be completely true...

10> "I want your honest feedback."

9> "I could be happy pastoring this church for the rest of my ministry."

8> "Feel free to call me at home anytime."

7> (to another pastor) "I hear only good things about your church."

6> "Great--everything has been going just great."

5> "It won't take much of your time."

4> "We have an exciting service planned."

3> "My spouse would love to."

2> (to a spouse) "The calendar will lighten up in a week or so."

1> (to a critic) "It took a lot of courage for you to share that with me."

Copyright (c) 1995 Christianity Today, Inc./LEADERSHIP Journal Found at http://home.flash.net/~go4crown/chhumor.htm
From Sermon Fodder and Joke A Day Ministries. To subscribe drop an email note to Sermon_Fodder-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Please leave this attached if you forward this to friends.

3 comments:

NPPN Blog said...

Phil,

I'm confused by this blog: Things Pastors Sometimes Say that may not be completely true...

Is this just supposed to be a pastoral joke? Is this pastoral reality?

Rick Skiba
- - - - - -

Hi Rick!

I take it as being “tongue in cheek” but also serious. It is a strong temptation for us pastor-types to say what people want to hear. Most times we have good intentions when we do it. Some of the times we are attempting to deny what we really feel or are afraid to say what truly needs to be said.

Others may have a differing view – Let's see if they comment!

Phil @ PrayingPastorBlog

Bryan Galloway said...

I have been a pastor for 20 years now, and I have used some of those lines. I loved the list!

Bryan Galloway
Omaha, NE

bryan said...

pretty funny!